Right now, we are energy dependent on other countries. We lack resolve. We clamor for cheaper, more reliable energy when gasoline prices soar, or when heating shortages strike in winter. But as soon as prices retreat, most of us retreat from what we demanded - less polluting, less expensive, and more reliable energy.
Our national security and economy depend on secure, reliable sources. Where would the U.S. be without fuel for transportation and heating, or electricity for homes and businesses? Our economy would be in shambles, and our national security would be in danger.
The Center for Energy Independence is a dedicated to the concept of energy independence for the United States through sustainable energy sources, energy efficiency, and energy conservation. We believe in the development of renewable and sustainable energy sources such as solar, geothermal, wind, and tidal.
Achieving U.S. Energy Independence:
- Increases national security by having less dependence on foreign energy sources.
- Increases economic growth to position the US as a leader in clean energy development.
- Increases job creation by producing sustainable and efficient energy technologies.
- Reduces our dependence on non-renewable resources.
- Produces a cleaner environment that will enhance public health.